Monday, July 16, 2012

1 1 : 1 1 = Twin Time

 For those of you who know me well, you know that I don’t hold any stock in wishes, luck or destiny. I do however believe that everything happens for a reason but that doesn’t mean that we should sit idly by and watch the world go round.

 With that said, I have been increasingly attentive to the clock almost every day when it gets to 11:11. I am not “trying” to catch it there, it just sort-of happens almost every day. I am aware that this is the typical time where people make “wishes” and hope they come true, but for me it has been a time to spend in deliberate prayer for Brayden and Payzleigh. It started several months ago, before I knew exactly who or what gender they are. Almost every day at precisely 11:11 I would just happen to look at the clock. At the beginning I would smile because with the 11 before and the 11 after the colon it would remind me of the twins. Two Elevens = Two Babies. I know, that seems simple, even kind of silly – but anything to bring a smile to my face when my heart can so easily get overwhelmed with fear is, to me, a good thing!

 After a couple of times noticing 11:11, I realized that I was saying a quick prayer for the twins every time I saw the clock with the twin numbers on it. And from there a “tradition” was born! It has become my practice to “catch” the clock at it’s twin numbers and have a time of purposeful, deliberate prayer. Prayers for their development, prayers for their birth, prayers for their infancy, their childhood, and even prayers for their future. Prayers that their future spouses would grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior and so would Brayden and Payzleigh.

 Now, don’t get me wrong. . . I spend more time than these one or two minutes a day praying for them, it’s just that this “twin time” has become special to me. Where nothing else comes to my mind except Brayden and Payzleigh, no one else is prayed for during this special mommy-twin time. I will admit that sometimes I am busy and miss those “twin numbers” on the clock, but then I just stop what I’m doing and take the time to say a quick prayer for them and know that God always hears me, no matter how short and to the point it might be.

 “Never Once” (I love this song! Take a minute and listen to it!)

Standing on this mountain top
Looking just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much you've done
Knowing every victory
Is Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful
God, you are faithful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e02UNZRsdSQ

With praying in mind, I will ask you once again to keep us in your prayers this week. Today is our 21 week mark with the twins, and later on this week we have more triggers and memories coming up. Wednesday is Calleigh Joy’s 18 month angelversary, and every day it gets closer to 27 weeks with the twins I freak out a little bit. Also, it’s been 3 weeks since my last doctors appointment and I don’t have another one until Wednesday, July 25th. (unless there’s a problem, then of course I’ll go in before that) But I haven’t gone over 3 weeks with out seeing them since my very first ultrasound way back on April 9th – and most times it’s only been one or two weeks in between seeing them! So, as you can see, prayers are definitely needed and appreciated!

 And here’s an answer to prayer – I have been feeling them move much more regularly. And most times I can even decipher if it’s Brayden or Payzleigh who is giving mommy a quick kick or jab, just to make sure I am keeping sane!   :)

 So, here’s to twin time. And I hope that I can continually find the time deliberately for each of these precious gifts that God has blessed us with!

Love and Peace to All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment