Monday, March 5, 2012

Make Your Choices with Integrity…

Every day we have choices to make. We have the option to be honest, we have the alternative to be truthful, we have the preference to be honorable, we have the variety to be reliable… and the synonyms could go on and on and on…

Yesterday I chose to work in the house getting ready for Justen to come home instead of writing in my blog. Do I think that was a wise decision? YES! Today I chose to take off work early so I could drive to Omaha and pick up Justen from the airport. Do I think that was an intelligent conclusion? YES!

But – yesterday when I was reading Day 4 in my 31 Days to Pray for Your Spouse devotional about ‘Choices’; and then I read Day 5 today about Integrity – it really made me think. If I am truly making all of MY decisions and Choices with Integrity why does my thoughts and attitude so often stink? Oh sure, I can make myself look good, I can keep up the appearance that I have it all together. As long as no one can see in to my thoughts and motives. Then I think “Isn’t this suppose to be about Corey? Why am I worried about me?” Sometimes I think I need to be hit upside the head with a 2 by 4, maybe that would knock some sense in to me.

Proverbs 28:6 says, Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. Proverbs 20.7 says, The righteous who walks in his integrity – blessed are his children after him! And 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Lord, please help me to make good choices - I never know who might be watching.

Love and Peace to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment