Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Month of Praise & Prayer !?!? YES!!

Well, as I was getting ready for bed I had a fabulous thought - Why not post everyday about the two beautiful devotionals I'm doing this month???  Then I realized that it's almost midnight and I have to be up at 5:30 am so I can go to Omaha for our second IUI procedure tomorrow morning!  Why didn't I have this thought earlier in the day??? I don't know - sometimes my mind just works like that.

So.....  Today I'll just start with the basics of the day, and I'll explain everything in more detail tomorrow. OK? :)

The first group of ladies that I do an on-line Bible Study with are doing the book "31 Days of Praise" by Ruth Myers. This is a wonderful little book that I actually had the privilege of doing a few years ago with some ladies in Mexico.  I will DEFINITELY tell more about that later!

What I took out of the text the most today is: Psalm 91:1-2 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!"  
You are my strong shelter in times of trouble and danger and stress... You delight to give me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in You.

WOW! How many times am I in trouble or feeling stress?  Yet God is there for me to trust! Amen!

The other devotional is an e-book that several of my friends and I heard about and did for the month of January and are doing again in the month of March. It is called "31 Days to Pray For Your Spouse" by Ashley Pichea.   This gives a daily focus to my prayer time for Corey.

The first day starts out praying for ME! MY heart! I remember when I did this for the first time and I thought, "aren't I suppose to be praying for Corey?" Well, what a perfect way to start the month by asking God to focus MY thoughts and prayers correctly on Corey!

Well, more tomorrow! And if you think about it, please say a prayer for us!
Peace and Love to All!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment